Meet Christopher Hunter --- Part Three


.

Q: New York streets and landmarks play a huge role in the novel. The city is almost like another character. Was that intentional and if so, why?

A: I believe New York is a main character in any book that uses it as a setting--more so than any other location on this planet. It's just a very compelling place. This city has been my home for nine years now, and I am proud to say so. I have traveled all around this town. I have met so many people, experienced so many things. It has been a wonderful fit for me, and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else (Unless someone wants to buy the movie rights to the series. Then, if I have to, I'll leave this joint for California so fast!). So, it's only natural that I write a book with New York as a setting, and incorporate some of what I know firsthand.


Q: What can anyone who follows this series expect?

A: Expect the unexpected. This story consistently took me by surprise and I wrote the thing! I had bulletin points of where I wanted the plot to go, but the plot didn't behave at all. It really took on a life of its own. The books are not 100,000 words long, but there's plenty of content to each one. Every chapter is like a short story in its own right, and they all piece together to make one epic experience.

Q: Can you tell us a little bit about some of your upcoming projects?

A: Right now, I'm just trying get to the "End Game" of this trilogy. I have been working on "The Days and Months..." since December 2009, with very little pause in between. It's been a war, a long, protracted war. A fight against writers block, a fight against having minimal support, a fight against a diminishing social life, a fight against exhaustion from a grueling and physical day job. There is so much to creating a story, and turning it into something people would want to buy. You really have to do this to appreciate all the effort that goes into it. Beforehand, I had no idea. The reader just chooses a book they happen to like, but they are also paying for countless hours of work, sweat, and sheer will. Writing is not for the faint of heart. Eventually, I'll take up the task of writing more books, but only after a period of much needed recuperation.

Look for the conclusion of the trilogy --- The Days and Months We Were First Born- The Journey soon. For more information about Christopher Hunter, visit his official website at http://www.christopherhunterfiction.com/.




 

Post a Comment