Rave Reviews


.

I got my first review on Amazon for Tethered and it a doozy! Like all writers I write in hopes that someone will love my stories and characters as much as I do so I couldn't believe when I saw this ---

I guess it was just fate how I ended up buying this book. I'm not the type of person to read chick lit at all--never even thought to. But one night, I was just browsing through some forum or another, and I came across a post from this author. The post had a link to her page, and the page had a link to her book. Maybe it was the low price, maybe it was the high word count for the low price, maybe it was just the nice pair of legs on the cover, but for whatever reason, I decided: well, let me go ahead and check this out. And let me tell you, it was one of the best decisions I have ever made as a reader!

"Tethered" chronicles a year in the life of Madison Cherie Baldwin, the first-born daughter of a publication mogul. And at first, it just seemed like one of those typical cookie cutter love stories, the type of book where you can see the ending from page two. But the more I read the more it became clear, this book is anything but cookie cutter.

This book is rich with twists and turns in the plot. The characters are vivid and interesting. The dialogue is very engaging. The comedic timing is right on. And it's all held together by the best part: the narration of the protagonist, Madison.

I'm not an expert of the genre, but I would imagine that it's hard to find a voice that could carry interest for over 120,000 words. It just seems that that would be a monumental challenge. But Madison Baldwin charmed, fought, swooned, joked, and prosed her way through with ease. She is not perfect, but she is enthralling. She's definitely the type of character a reader would love to revisit in a later book.

So if you are contemplating buying this novel, let me tell you, you can't go wrong. I almost feel guilty paying the low price I paid for this. You should snatch this up before Ms. Parker comes to her senses and realizes what she has here. And even if she does raise the price (which I highly recommend), you'll be hard pressed to find an Indie publication with as much appeal and quality storytelling as this.

Christopher Hunter
Author of the "The Days and Months We Were First Born" Trilogy


I understand that this is just one person's opinion and some bad reviews are sure to come, but for now, I'm going to enjoy the fact that somedody liked what I wrote!

Post a Comment