The Great Trampoline Act


.

It occurred to me that being an indie writer is a lot like jumping on a trampoline. The highs are amazingly, but the lows are really low. Last week I was #71 in Kindle's Blog Section. It was a very random honor. My heroine Maddie is a part-time blogger, but the book isn't about blogging, but it was an honor none the less.  I was on a high. I was going places. But as of today, Tethered  and my great space opera masterpiece, The Specter of War, have not sold one copy in one in five whole days and the depression has begun to set in. I think I fell prey to the idea that I didn't need to do any real marketing, that the books would sell themselves, that they were such great reads that word of mouth would carry it all the way to the #1 spot on Kindle's best seller's list.

I love to watch We's Cupcake Girls because its about two women building their brand and their business and I realize that I have been doing neither. Yesterday, the girls did a "soft sale" on their new mancakes, a bacon cupcake that sounded like heaven to me, but the customers and staff didn't agree. One of the Cupcake Girls thought the problem was the "soft sale", that you had to go big or go home. I laughed because I realized that I was doing a no sale. You have to market to get your book to sale, it's just that simple, but my problem is that marketing isn't my favorite thing to do. No matter, it's a necessary evil and I'm going to do it. So, I decided to start with social media. My goal is raise the amount of friends that I have on Facebook and Twitter and to grow my email mailing list to start a buzz about my work and I want to start with everybody who visits my blogs.  So, please....

Visit my Under the Hill Blog here
Join my Facebookpage here
Join Under the Hill's Facebook here
Join me on Twitter here
Join my mailing list





For Email Marketing you can trust
See you in cyberspace!


Post a Comment