21 Days, 21 Dribble Drabble


.

Day Six --- The Jinn Chronicles

      Cora tried to hold back, but she couldn’t stop the laughter from bursting out of her. After everything that she had been through to get here, the idea that she would be insulted with such a ridiculous story was beyond belief.
   “I’m sorry, but did you just say that I am a genie?”
  “Ugh,” said Mater clearly disgusted. “How I hate that word. But yes, you are what you know as a genie?”
  “Like Jeanie from I dream of Jeanie? I mean, if I blink my eyes can I make stuff appear?” She folded her eyes and tried just that. “Nothing.”
  “You need to start taking this seriously.”
  “You just told me that I’m a genie. How the hell am I going to be able to take that seriously?”
  “Well you better because your life and the life of everyone and everything you hold dear depends on it.”
       Cora couldn’t help but smirk. “You sound so ridiculous right now.   

Post a Comment