Blogging While Under the Hill


.


Image Source Page: http://www.arkhipoff.com/paint/hour_glass_for_eternity.htm
 Under the Hill has been chosen as Shades Magazine's "Blog of the Week" and I couldn't be happier. I started the blog because when I turned thirty I suddenly began to feel as if there was this invisible hour glass over my head and I was running out of time to get my life in order. Where was my husband? My Kids? My New York Times Bestseller?  I was getting OLD and what did I have to show for it? Of course, when I wasn't questioning my choices all my well meaning friends and family members were all to willing to remind me that my eggs were drying up, my competition in the husband pool was a good decade younger, and oh, that career you thought you were going to have? Sorry, but that might have passed you by. It was enough to make a woman lose her mind! But slowly, through talking to my friends, I began to understand that I wasn't in this place of uncertainty alone. I started to realize that every woman of  "a certain age" fears that their best years are behind them, so I started writing Under the Hill as a way to connect with other single thirty-somethings. After all we are not OVER the hill, but pushing under it, still striving to make our hopes and dreams a reality, no matter how much weight seems to be keeping us down at the time.

So, please visit Shades Magazine http://myshadesmagazine.net/. It's an amazing magazine and you are going to love reading through it as much as I always have.

Post a Comment