Resolutions


.


Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
                                                                  -- Stephen King

Each year I make the same new year's resolutions and at the end of each year I am making the same excuses about why this year, just wasn't the year. It's a stupid cycle of my own making and I sometimes wonder if it's one that I have become too comfortable with. So this year, I decided that I wasn't going to make a list of the obligatory resolutions, I was going to pick a word, a philosophy if you will that I would live by and that word is --- discipline.

Discipline is a handy little thing to have in your life, but especially when it comes to writing. Writing is fun, I feel more like myself than ever when I do it, but it is a craft. It is ALOT of hard work that requires a commitment and a discipline that is the difference between true success and just piddling around. 2011 is the year in which writing becomes Queen for me and in order to sell my manuscripts, which is my ultimate goal, I'm going to have to make sacrifices, something I'm not very good at, so this year it's all about discipline in writing, diet and romance and we'll see what type of fruit a year of hard work toiling in the proverbial soil brings.

  1. Good luck with your New Year's Resolution!!!! I feel you on not staying committed and disciplined. It's so easy to fall back into old routines and bad habits. You really have to make a conscious effort to change your life. I'll be there with you as I try to improve my diet (aka eat healthlier) and build more muscle mass in my thighs. :-)

Post a Comment